Logitech, a Swiss-based company designs experiences and products that people can use as a part of their everyday lives. Its principle focus is on innovation and quality. It was established in 1981 and was headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland before expanding its operations to cover other countries in the world. Its first expansion was into Silicon Valley and our guide on Logitech Unifying Software for Windows 10 will hopefully explain why using this software with your Logictech tech is a must!
After expanding, the company started connecting individuals through the production of innovative computer peripherals. It is credited with coming up with many one-of-a-kind products such as the laser mouse, thumb-operated trackball, and the infrared cordless mouse. Today, it produces a wide array of computing, music, video, and gaming products.
What is a Logitech Unifying Receiver?
A Logitech Unifying Receiver is a small dedicated wireless USB receiver. It falls under the RF family of devices and more specifically the nRF24L category. The receiver can allow a connection of up to 6 compatible Logitech gadgets, e.g., keyboards, trackpads, trackballs and mice to a single computer.
Headphones though, are not supported and for the connection to occur (and to avoid frustrations!), the computer must be using the 2.4GHz radio band communication. Any receiver bundled with a product from Logitech gets paired at the manufacturing factory.
When a user needs to connect many devices to a single receiver, or when they purchase a replacement receiver they are required to pair them using the readily available Logitech Unifying Software for Windows 10.
What Devices Are Compatible with a Logitech Unifying Receiver?
Whether you use a desktop machine or a laptop machine, it is likely that wireless devices form a very important part of your overall computer setup. Maybe it is a keyboard, game controller, mouse or another untethered gadget.
These are devices you use on a daily basis all of which could require a USB connection to connect to a receiver. This means that the more wireless devices you have in your setup, the more slots you require.
Using a USB hub can be a real pain, making it necessary to have access to a Logitech Unifying Software for Windows 10. According to Logitech, the following devices (https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025297913) are compatible with its receiver:
- Illuminated Living-Room Keyboard K830
- Couch Mouse M515
- Logitech Wireless Wave Combo MK550
- Logitech Cube
- Marathon Mouse M705
- Touch Mouse M600 and T620
- Performance Mouse MX
- Wireless All-in-One Keyboard TK820
- Wireless Combo MK270, MK320, Mk360, and MK520
- Wireless Desktop MK320 and MK710
- Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800
- Wireless Keyboard K230, K250, K270, K350, and K360
- Wireless Mouse M217, M317, M325, M505, M510, M525, and M560
- Wireless Number Pad N305
- Wireless Performance Combo MX800
- Wireless Rechargeable Touchpad T650
- Wireless Touch Keyboard K400
- Wireless Solar Keyboard and Marathon Mouse Combo MK750
Logitech Unifying Software for Windows 10 Download Information
The Logitech Unifying Software has been licensed as a Freeware Software for all computers (32-bit & 64-bit) running on the Windows Operating System.
It can therefore be used on both laptops and desktops without encountering any restrictions. Logitech first released the software to the public on April 07, 2014. The latest update 2.50.25 was released on April 05, 2019. It is available as a free download for Windows users using Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
According to Logitech software compatibility may vary but it should run without hitches on the aforementioned versions of the Windows Operating System regardless of whether you are running the 32-bit or the 64-bit versions.
For those running the x64 version, they are requested to get in touch with Logitech to acquire a separate version.
You can download the software from the official Logitech Website(https://support.logi.com/hc/en-hk/articles/360025297913). The website will automatically detect the version of Windows in use and recommend the version you ought to download.
The download file is only 4MB which means that the download should not take long to complete. After downloading, open the setup and follow the installation prompts.
How to Pair a Logitech Unifying Receiver Using Windows Software
Note: you can connect a maximum of six devices to a single receiver. To pair with other devices you will need to:
1. Launch the unifying software. For this you will need to click on Windows: Start button > Programs > Logitech > Unifying >Logitech Unifying Software.
2. A new screen will pop up. At the bottom section, click on the Next button.
3. Another screen will open asking you to restart your device. Follow the instructions and restart your device.
4. As soon as the device gets detected, a message will appear on your screen informing you that a new device has been detected.
5. Click Finish to exit the setup.
How do I Reset my Logitech Unifying Receiver?
Before you reset your Unifying Receiver, you need to make sure that you have removed or disconnected all attached peripheral devices. After this, follow the following tips:
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Disconnect the computer from all docking stations.
3. Disconnect peripherals.
4. Unplug the adaptor.
5. Disconnect the battery—applies to laptop users.
6. Hard press the power button for 15 seconds to drain off all residue charge.
7. Reattach the battery and plug your computer back to the adaptor.
8. Turn it on.
9. When the start-up menu appears, use the arrows to navigate to the Start Windows Normally section.
10. Press Enter.
11. Reconnect all peripherals and then run Windows Update. It will ensure that all device drivers get updated.
Does Connecting a USB Receiver Lower Latency?
Latency is likely to occur in some scenarios. Many users have reported issues with their unifying receivers. The issue has so far been traced back to the use of USB 3.0 high-speed ports.
It is possible to get away with using the unifying receiver with a black USB 2.0 port which can be found on the opposite side of the blue USB 3.0 port. However, chances are that you will need to use a USB extension cable for this to work. You may also be forced to move the receiver from gadgets that are likely to cause any kind of interference.
Mobility and Best User Experience with Logitech Unifying Software for Windows 10
With the Logitech Unifying Software, you get to use a small receiver with as many as six devices. Unifying is convenient, clutter-free, and you get to take advantage of the advanced 2.4GHz radio band technology.
For an exceptional experience and easy mobility, it is best to keep a keyboard and mouse in your computer bag. Our Logitech unifying software for Windows 10 guide concludes and all you need to do is plug the receiver and then connect the additional devices and you are ready to get started.