Game On: The Top 5 Gaming Keyboards Under £50 You Need to Try!
The world of gaming has been flourishing over the years, attracting millions of enthusiasts worldwide who relish the immersive experience it offers. However, gaming isn’t just about experiencing fun; it’s about asserting dominance and becoming the best. And to achieve that, one requires the correct arsenal.
A top-notch gaming keyboard can mean the disparity between a gratifying gaming session and a disappointing one. However, not everyone has the budget to spend hundreds of pounds on high-end gaming keyboards. That’s where gaming keyboards under £50 come in.
With so many different brands such as Razer, Corsair, Logitech and many more at this price point there are many affordable options that offer gamers the chance to experience high-quality gaming at a fraction of the cost.
In this article, we’ll explore everything you need to know about gaming keyboards under £50, including their features, benefits, and top picks. So whether you’re a casual gamer or a professional, keep reading to find out how you can take your gaming to the next level without breaking the bank.
Last update on 2023-12-04 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What to Look for in a Gaming Keyboard
When it comes to choosing a gaming keyboard, there are several features to consider. Here are some of the most important factors to keep in mind when searching for a budget-friendly gaming keyboard under £50.
- Mechanical vs. Membrane keyboards: Mechanical keyboards are known for their tactile and audible feedback, making them popular among gamers. Membrane keyboards, on the other hand, are quieter and more affordable. While mechanical keyboards are generally considered better for gaming, membrane keyboards can still be a good option for budget-conscious gamers.
- Backlighting: Backlit keys are a popular feature among gamers as they provide better visibility in low-light conditions. Many budget gaming keyboards have backlighting options, such as single-colour or RGB lighting.
- Anti-ghosting: Anti-ghosting is a feature that allows multiple keys to be pressed simultaneously without any key inputs being missed. This is especially important for gamers who need to press multiple keys at once during gameplay.
- Programmable keys: Some gaming keyboards have programmable keys that can be customized to perform specific functions or macros. This can be a handy feature for gamers who want to customize their gaming experience.
- Ergonomics: Ergonomic features, such as wrist rests and adjustable heights, can make a significant difference in the comfort of your gaming experience. Consider a gaming keyboard with ergonomic features to prevent wrist strain and other discomforts during long gaming sessions.
In summary, when choosing a gaming keyboard under £50, consider the type of keyboard, backlighting options, anti-ghosting capabilities, programmable keys, and ergonomic features. Choosing a keyboard with the right features can enhance your gaming experience without breaking the bank.
Advantages of Budget-Friendly Gaming Keyboards
Gaming keyboards under £50 offer several advantages that make them an attractive option for gamers who are on a budget. Here are some of the benefits of budget-friendly gaming keyboards:
- Affordability: The most obvious advantage of budget-friendly gaming keyboards is their affordability. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to get a good-quality gaming keyboard that offers a range of features and functions.
- Accessibility: Budget-friendly gaming keyboards are accessible to a wide range of gamers, including those who may not have a lot of disposable income. This means that more people can enjoy the benefits of gaming keyboards, without having to spend a lot of money.
- Durability: Contrary to what some people may think, budget-friendly gaming keyboards can be quite durable. While they may not be as sturdy or long-lasting as their more expensive counterparts, they can still withstand a lot of wear and tear.
- Wide range of options: There are many budget-friendly gaming keyboards on the market, which means that you have a wide range of options to choose from. This makes it easier to find a keyboard that meets your gaming needs and preferences, without having to spend a lot of money.
Overall, budget-friendly gaming keyboards offer a great balance between affordability and functionality. Whether you’re a casual gamer or a serious gamer on a budget, there is a budget-friendly gaming keyboard out there that can meet your needs and help take your gaming experience to the next level.
Top 5 Gaming Keyboards Under £50
Here are the top 5 gaming keyboards under £50, with their unique features and benefits.
1. Redragon K565 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
As for number one on our list, we went with the Redragon K565 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is a well-rounded keyboard that is ideal for gamers, typists, and office workers. Its red switches offer a smooth and linear keystroke feel, while its 104 programmable keys with full anti-ghosting technology ensure that every keystroke is registered accurately.
The keyboard also features customizable RGB lighting with 16.8 million colour options, allowing you to personalize your keyboard’s lighting to your preferences.
One of the standout features of the Redragon K565 is its durable aluminium frame. Additionally, the keyboard has a Windows key lockout option, which prevents accidental keystrokes during gaming sessions.
At the time of writing this review, there is a 30% off coupon available for the Redragon K565 on Amazon, making it an even better value for its price.
- Smooth and linear keystroke feel with red switches
- 104 programmable keys with full anti-ghosting technology
- Customizable RGB lighting with 16.8 million colour options
- Durable aluminium frame and detachable wrist rest for added comfort
- Windows key lockout option to prevent accidental keystrokes during gaming
- 30% off coupon available at the time of writing this review
- Some users may prefer other switch types (such as tactile or clicky switches) over the linear red switches
- The keyboard’s design may be too flashy for some users who prefer a more minimalist aesthetic.
2. YINDIAO T8 Mechanical Keyboard
For those of you looking for a really stand out piece that also performs the YINDIAO T8 TKL compact mechanical gaming keyboard is a unique and eye-catching keyboard that offers a compact design with blue switches for tactile and clicky feedback.
Its purple and white keycaps give it a unique look that is sure to make it stand out on your desk. The keyboard comes with a custom aviator coiled USB-C cable that is detachable for easy connectivity and improved durability.
One of the main benefits of the YINDIAO T8 is its compact design, which makes it a great option for users who value portability and space-saving solutions. The TKL layout eliminates the number pad, function keys, and arrow keys, which allows for a streamlined and compact keyboard that is easy to carry around.
The keyboard also features 18 Chroma RGB backlit keys that can be customized with a range of color options and lighting effects to match your preferences.
In comparison to the Redragon K565 keyboard we discussed earlier, the YINDIAO T8 offers a more compact design with a unique color scheme. The Redragon K565, on the other hand, has a full 105 key layout and a more traditional black color scheme.
For those of you who really like to stand out with their choice of computer equipment be sure to check out our Liquid Cooling options post to really customise your set up to the maximum.
Here are some pros and cons of the YINDIAO T8 TKL compact mechanical gaming keyboard:
- Compact design for easy portability
- Blue switches for tactile and clicky feedback
- 18 Chroma RGB backlit keys for customization
- Detachable aviator coiled USB-C cable for improved durability and unique style
- Compatible with most systems, including Windows, Mac OS, and PS4/Xbox One (with adapter)
- Lack of number pad and other keys may be a drawback for some users
- Unique color scheme may not appeal to all users however there are other colour options avalible
- Due to its unique design some users might take a few days to adjust to typing on it
3. Newmen GM610 Wireless Mechanical Keyboard
The Newmen GM610 Wireless Mechanical Keyboard is the perfect solution for gamers who want to have a compact and customizable keyboard that can handle multiple devices and provide an immersive gaming experience.
With three different connectivity options, this keyboard is extremely flexible and easy to use.
You can switch between devices in a matter of seconds and enjoy uninterrupted gaming sessions.
One of the best things about this keyboard is its LED RGB Backlit feature, which allows you to choose between 19 different backlight effects and customize them to your liking.
The hot-swappable function and extra set of blue-red keycaps make it easy to switch between keypad layouts and enjoy a personalized typing experience.
The compact 60% layout of the keyboard saves desktop space and makes it easy to carry around.
With 61 anti-ghosting keys and N-key rollover, you can be assured of accurate and responsive keystrokes every time.
The GM610 Wireless Mechanical Keyboard is compatible with Windows, Mac OS and Android systems, offering you maximum flexibility when it comes to using it with different devices.
- Three connectivity options
- LED RGB Backlit feature
- Hot-swappable function & extra keycaps
- Ergonomic design
- 61 anti-ghosting keys and N-key rollover
- Compatible with multiple systems
- Upgradable firmware
- Bluetooth can experience some connectivity issues
- No dedicated media keys
- Small size may be uncomfortable for those with larger hands
4. Corsair K55 RGB PRO Wired Membrane Gaming Keyboard
Yes, I am familiar with the Corsair K55 RGB PRO Wired Membrane Gaming Keyboard you mentioned. This keyboard is designed with gamers in mind and includes features such as dynamic per-key RGB backlighting, six programmable macro keys with Elgato software integration, and a detachable palm rest.
Additionally, the keyboard is IP42 dust and spill-resistant, making it more durable and easier to maintain than other gaming keyboards.
The Corsair K55 RGB PRO Wired Membrane Gaming Keyboard features a membrane key switch design that offers a quiet and comfortable typing experience, with anti-ghosting technology to ensure that every keystroke is registered accurately.
The keyboard also includes media controls, allowing users to adjust volume and playback settings without leaving their game or application.
One potential downside of this keyboard is its membrane switch design, which may not provide the same level of responsiveness and tactile feedback as a mechanical keyboard. However, the membrane switches do offer a quieter typing experience that may be preferred by some users.
Overall, the Corsair K55 RGB PRO Wired Membrane Gaming Keyboard is a solid option for gamers looking for a durable and customizable keyboard that includes additional features like programmable macro keys and dynamic RGB backlighting.
Here are some pros and cons of the Corsair K55 RGB PRO Wired Membrane Gaming Keyboard:
- Dynamic per-key RGB backlighting offers customizable lighting options.
- Six programmable macro keys with Elgato software integration allow for personalized shortcuts.
- Detachable palm rest provides additional comfort during long gaming sessions.
- IP42 dust and spill-resistant design makes the keyboard more durable and easier to maintain.
- Media controls allow users to adjust volume and playback settings without leaving their game or application.
- Membrane switch design may not provide the same level of responsiveness and tactile feedback as a mechanical keyboard.
- Some users may prefer a mechanical keyboard for gaming.
5. MageGee 60% Gaming Mechanical Keyboard
For those of you who love the idea of a small form factor keyboard but think the last one was a bit too colourful the MageGee 60% Gaming Mechanical Keyboard is a great option for users who value a compact design and tactile typing experience.
Its MK-Box Red switches provide a responsive and tactile typing experience, while the red backlighting ensures that users can see the keys even in low-light environments.
The keyboard’s minimalist design and gray-and-black color scheme make it a stylish addition to any setup.
Compared to the YINDIAO T8 60% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, the MageGee keyboard lacks some of the more advanced features, such as customizable RGB lighting. However, the MageGee keyboard does offer a more traditional design and a slightly lower price point.
Here are some pros and cons of the MageGee 60% Gaming Mechanical Keyboard:
- Compact design is great for users who value portability and space-saving solutions.
- MK-Box Red switches provide a tactile and responsive typing experience.
- Red backlighting ensures that users can see the keys even in low-light environments.
- Minimalist design and gray-and-black color scheme make it a stylish addition to any setup.
- Compatible with a range of systems, including Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
- Lack of dedicated function keys may be a drawback for some users.
- Lacks some of the more advanced features found in other gaming keyboards, such as customizable RGB lighting.
How to Choose the Right Gaming Keyboard Under £50
When it comes to choosing the right gaming keyboards under £50, there are a few key factors to consider. Here are some tips to help you make the best choice for your gaming needs:
- Personal preferences: Everyone has different preferences when it comes to their gaming keyboard. Some people prefer a mechanical keyboard with clicky switches, while others prefer a quieter membrane keyboard. Think about what you’re comfortable with and what feels best to you.
- Gaming needs: Consider what kind of games you play and what features you need in a keyboard. For example, if you play a lot of first-person shooters, you might want a keyboard with programmable keys that you can customize for quick access to weapons and actions. On the other hand, if you play mostly strategy games, you might prioritize a keyboard with a high number of anti-ghosting keys for precision typing.
- Compatibility: Make sure the gaming keyboard you choose is compatible with your system. Check the specifications and ensure that the keyboard is compatible with your operating system and any software you use.
Once you have these factors in mind, it’s time to start researching your options. Look for gaming keyboards under £50 that fit your criteria and read reviews from other gamers to get a sense of what works best. Some popular options include the Redragon K565, the Razer Cynosa Lite, and the Corsair K55 RGB PRO.
In conclusion, gaming keyboards under £50 are an excellent option for gamers who want a high-quality gaming experience without breaking the bank. With a wide range of features and benefits, and many options to choose from, it’s easy to find the perfect gaming keyboard that fits your gaming needs and preferences.
Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, a budget-friendly gaming keyboard can help take your gaming experience to the next level.