Best PC Gaming Monitor
There is an expression that says “eyes are the window to the soul” and this same concept can be applied to PCs. The soul of a PC is of course, the monitor and if you don’t have the right one, activities like gaming, browsing the internet, watching videos and even editing can be unpleasant.
That’s why it pays to pick one of the best PC gaming monitors for 2020…
Manufacturer’s that produce PC monitors understand that gamersdemand better specs and features on their purchase. Things like 1080p and 4K FHD are a few of the features someone will expect when they buy a high-end PC gaming monitor. Our best PC gaming monitor guide for 2020 focuses on quality, price and features – narrowing down the products to the top three in each major category.
The Top 3 PC Gaming Monitors for 2020
Gaming has evolved a lot over the last 10 years thanks to the advancement in technology which has allowed manufacturers to provide people who have a passion for gaming with the best hardware as possible.
Enjoy higher high frame rates with dedicated UK gaming monitors for the PC….
While the market has a gaming monitor to meet and exceed the needs of every type of gamer out there, we review three PC gaming displays that are head and shoulders above the rest. It doesn’t matter if one prefers to play action-adventure games, MMOs, first-person shooters, RPGs or sports games, the quality and performance you get from our best PC gaming monitor reviews is top class and offers real value for money.
These monitors are the ASUS VS248HR 24 Inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Gaming Monitor, the Samsung C27F390 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor and the LG UltraWide 29WK500 29-inch IPS Monitor. This article will look at what each of the 3 PC gaming monitors mentioned brings to the table in terms of their features, specs, pros and cons if any.
ASUS VS248HR 24 Inch FHD Gaming Monitor: Best 24-inch PC Gaming Monitor
Last update on 2021-07-24 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIFirst on the list is the ASUS VS248HR 24 inch FHD and it is one of the best gaming monitors for the money because it offers you amazing colour and imagine quality thanks to the 50,000,000:1 high contrast ratio it has.
Gaming on a PC requires a lot of power and you will be happy to know that this monitor is energy efficient and comes with smart contrast technology. This tech solves the problem many gamers experience which is a change in image quality when they change position. It doesn’t matter whether you are laying down or sitting up, you will get amazing image and colour quality on the PC monitor plus it is durable.
- An energy-efficient PC monitor that is rated environmentally high
- Very durable and stable
- Incredible video and image quality
- Smart view technology allows provides one with versatility when it comes to their viewing position
- Perfect for both gaming and watching videos
- Refresh rate of this monitor is good, but not the very best
Samsung C27F390 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor: Best Curved Gaming Monitor
Last update on 2021-07-24 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIIf you are looking for a gaming screen with increased eye comfort, Samsung C27F390 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor has got you covered. It has a 1800R screen and eye saver mode that reduces any strain on the eyes especially if one has been gaming for a long time.
What you also get from this monitor is smooth gameplay without any lag thanks to the AMD freeSync which provides a consistent frame rate without any tips even if so many things are happening on screen. Lastly, Samsung’s Advance Display Technology ensures you get the highest image quality possible when you are playing.
- AMD FreeSync offers you smooth and flawless gameplay without any dips in framerate
- Increased viewing comfort thanks to the eye saver mode and 1800R screen
- Samsung’s Advance Display Technology ensures you get the highest image quality possible
- Costs a little more than the 24 inch ASUS
LG UltraWide 29WK500 29-inch IPS Monitor: Best Ultra Wide Gaming Monitor
Last update on 2021-07-24 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
No one likes a PC gaming monitor that strains the eyes and this product has AMD freeSync which offers you have a fluid gaming experience without any screen tearing which is bad for the eyes.
- Very slick design makes it one of the most elegant PC gaming monitors on the market
- Provides you to a top-quality gaming experience without screen tearing because of AMD FreeSync
- 21:9 aspect ratio provides a more immersive gaming experience
- Some online reviews indicate average darkroom quality
PC Gaming Monitor Buyers Guide
- Know the purpose of the monitor you are buying – As a gamer, you will use your PC monitor for gaming and the things you have to look out for when buying one is low response time as well as quick refresh rates. You want a PC monitor that refreshes faster when playing games.
- Resolution – If you want better picture quality, you need to buy a PC monitor with a higher resolution. 1080p should be your aim however, you can also get fantastic images on a 4k monitor.
- Know the size of the monitor you want to buy – To get the best gaming experience, you need to be looking at monitors that are at least 24 inches in length. You can find those for less than £150 on the market.
- Curved or not curved – This is all down to preference but most people prefer to buy a curved monitor because it is known to provide a more immersive experience plus it is less straining on the eyes.
- Check the response time – Although this is not a deal-breaker when it comes to gaming, ideally, you would want a monitor that has a shorter response time. Less is better in this case because images will not be blurred, especially if you are playing faced paced games.
Which PC Gaming Monitor Should I Buy?
There is no denying that gaming has become more than just a hobby to kill time, it’s a billion-dollar industry that has evolved and became an important part of our lives. In the past, people who spent potions of their time gaming were seen as wasting their time away. These days gaming just becomes so big one can do it professionally and earn a decent salary, however, having the right hardware helps massively.
Recap on our Top Rated PC Monitors:
Based on the points above, it is clear to see that response time, purpose, shape (curve or not curved), resolution and monitor size are all massively important when it comes to picking the best PC gaming monitor. Keeping them in mind will ensure you make the right choice each and every time you are on the market hunting for a gaming monitor. While there are other factors worth considering like the price and brand of the monitor, those 5 mentioned are super important.