Best Gaming PC for Under £1000 in the UK
What do you would need from a UK Best Gaming PC for Under £1000? At this price point the minimum specs include system RAM of about 8-16GB, a quad-core i7 CPU and maybe 2 GB of GDDR to enable you to run most top 10 PC games including Gears of War, CoD, Forza, FIFA, Fortnite and Warcraft.
There are some excellent gaming PCs (both as bundles and box only) available in the UK market which are priced below 1000 pounds. For your money, you will get good hardware, fast CPU with mind-blowing graphics and sound quality. Many options are available for both entry levels gamers and seasoned players so let’s start off with the top with current top 5 gaming PCs that fall into our budget.
Top 5 Gaming Computers for less than £1000
So what do we look for when we consider PCs for review that cost less than a thousand pounds? Firstly, we take a look at four core areas that give a gaming PC an overall benchmark score. This is the Motherboard, CPU, RAM and graphics card.
Last update on 2021-06-23 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
It’s no surprise these are the most expensive components inside the box. Next, we add customer service, online reviews and a check of the company that builds these PCs. Are they responsive to customer questions and what about if something goes wrong?
When you are paying £1000 plus for a gaming PC, reducing risk of purchase is important. Finally, we double-check secondary hardware components such as PSU (power supply), quality of the case, hard drive specs and the number of ports including USB 2.0 and 3.0 and HDMI. We feel this gives the buyer the best chance of landing the best gaming PC under £1000 UK focused products.
1. ADMI Gaming PC: i5 9400F 4.1Ghz – [Editors Pick]
We have one of the best gaming PCs listed as our number one pick for 2021 – it pretty much ticks all the boxes and is currently well under the £1000 limit for best buy reviews. ADMI have surprised the review team with this prebuilt i5 9400F gaming beast.
This no frills powerhouse has a whopping 16GB of RAM, a super-fast NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (4K Full HD) packing 6GB RAM – backed up by the Intel Core i5 CPU. The three core components enable this computer to blaze through the most resource hungry games such as Call of Duty or FIFA.
A nice touch is great looking case which adequately cools (although you might want to install further fans at a future date). With a 1TB hard drive (we would prefer a SSD instead) and Windows 10 pre-installed you are ready to go. Simply hook up this super fast PC to your display, mouse and keyboard and you are all set for playing the latest games at great speed and high settings.
- Intel iCore 5 CPU which helps to process graphics faster
- Large 1TB SATA hard drive which is adequate storage for your favourite games
- 16GB DIMM RAM which is a big upgrade from 8GB – the larger the RAM the more data is temporarily stored for fast access
- 6GB RAM Video Card with full 4K HD capability for high graphic rendering and great for watching Netflix!
- Very good value for money – the PC costs less than a £1000
- No solid state hard drive – your can always add one of these if required
2. CyberpowerPC Warrior Gaming PC
Among specifications of this gaming PC include an Intel Core i7-8700 processor. The processor has got six cores, a 12MB Cache, 3.2 GHz Base, 12 Threads and 4.6GHz Turbo which goes a long way to securing the CyberpowerPC Warrior Gaming PC status as our number 2 pick as top gaming PC under £1000 (prices are subject to change).
It has an Intel B360 Chipset Motherboard, 240GB SATA-III SSD, 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM, and a 2TB 7200RPM SATA-III HDD. On the graphics category, the gaming machine has an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Graphics Card, an HDMI, 1 Displayport, and 1 DVI-D. In terms of connectivity, there is 2x USB 2.0, 4x USB 3.1 Gen 1, 1x PS/2 KB or Mouse Port, 300Mbps 802.11n Wifi, 1x RJ45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000, and a 5.1-Channel High Definition Audio.
Please note: at the time of writing this #2 rated gaming PC was priced under £1000 – this is subject to change due to COVID-19. Click “check it out” for further details…
- Powerful Intel Core i7-8700 processor which gives the system a good performance boost
- Intel B360 Chipset Motherboard which is compatible with 2021 components
- Practical cooling solution to help aid continuous gameplay
- Lifetime technical support – handy for newbie gamers!
- Everything can be easily upgraded if a new game is released that requires a higher spec
- Volatile pricing of this product – click below for latest price
3. ADMI Gaming PC i5 9400F
Notable features of this computer include, Intel Core i5 9400F 4.1 GHz Six-Core CPU which is 8th generation one and of exceptional performance and reliability.
It has a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6GB GDDR5 4K VR Ready Graphics Card that can handle almost any game on high FPS. It has a 1TB Hard drive, 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM, a Game Max Abyss Gaming Case and a 500W PSU Bronze Rated which we really like.
- The 6 core CPU is very quick and helps to boost FPS
- Good value for money, well under target price level which could suit teenagers and students or those who are on a strict budget
- Decent quality components inside – cheap parts wear out quicker
- Favourable online reviews from UK buyers
- Attractive case that houses a good and reliable PSU
- Better than expected benchmark scores, this PC can run most top games including 3d shooters and MMOs
- Consider upgrading RAM in 6 months – 1 year.
4. Complete ADMI Gaming PC Bundle Package
This sub £1000 ADMI ha has an 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, a 500W Power Supply and a gaming PC case that is fully decked glass. The entire package includes a mouse, gaming keyboard, mat and headset and a good quality 24 inch LED monitor. The graphics card is an impressive Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB DDR5 HDMI which outputs very clear and sharp pixels.
- Complete PC gaming system – great birthday or Christmas present that includes keyboard, mouse and headset
- Good quality secondary hardware for the price
- NVIDIA card is one of the leading models in this price bracket
- Excellent frames/second for a budget power gaming PC system
- Large 24 inch LED monitor which is both crisp and displays vibrant colours
- Can be a little noisy when playing at maxed out settings due to cheaper components
5. Alienware Aurora R8 Gaming Desktop (Epic Silver)
This epic silver gaming machine from Alienware has an Intel Core i5-9400 and 8GB RAM. The computer also has a 256 GB Hard Disk and comes pre-installed with Windows 10 OS. The Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti delivers high performance graphics with no slow down, even in bust gaming environments. If you want to own one the best Gaming PCs for Under £1000 in the UK, then it has to be an Alienware!
- Super brand that have years of experience producing high level gaming computers
- Very fast performance as your would expect from an Alienware
- Alienware Command Center software included
- 4K Ready which is handy for streaming services like Twitch, YouTube, iPlayer, Amazon Video and Netflix
- Exceptional customer support which will give parents and gaming newcomers peace of mind
- Reliable components which are built to last many hours of continuous gaming
- Right on the price range and stock is extremely limited
6. Dell Inspiron 7000 27 Inch FHD All-in-One (Silver)
The Dell all-in-one is the last (but not least!) computer in our top 6 under 1000 gaming PC list. It is silver in colour and showcases an impressive 27-inch monitor. This gaming machine has a processor Intel Core i5-8400T with 8GB RAM. The Hard drive for this computer has a capacity of 1TB and also uses Windows 10 operating system.
- This PC is best used to run games at mid level settings to avoid over heating
- Connecting software that integrates with a smartphone and PC (iOS and Android compatible)
- Stunning 27 inch HD monitor – Dell do display very well indeed
- Buying from a well known, reputable company with comprehensive warranty and online support (driver update tool is first class)
- Space saving, great looking all in one gaming PC with decent specs
- No touch screen on the monitor and we have concerns about the computer over-heating
Our top rated under £1000 Gaming PCs review guide takes away the endless hours of research and price comparison. These high powered computers do not have to be a difficult proposition to buy if you follow our buyers guide. Look for PCs that have good feedback from real buyers, can perform at high speeds over a consistent period and have good quality components fitted inside the box.
Can I get a Good Gaming PC for £1000 or Less?
On the surface, spending this amount of money for a leisure activity is expensive but many gamers will save up in order to buy the best value gaming PC they can. Yes, you can spend even more money with many pre-built computers costing over £3,000 but benchmark tests can be fickle and we think that for £1,000 or less you are able to run some the most resource hungry games on the market right now at decent speed.
You should also factor-in internet connection speeds for online multiplayer gaming as a low ping rate is just as important as the best spec computer for your budget. In truth, there are many variables that help you achieve the ultimate goal of playing on the fastest gaming computer possible at the lowest price.
Our top 6 best gaming pc under £1000 UK focused models have two leading contenders for 2021. One is our editors choice and the other is specifically designed for new PC gamers who feel a comprehensive package that includes a monitor, mouse, mat, keyboard and headset would benefit them most.